« Pork Crepinettes, Peas & Carrots, Chives, Morels | Main | Whole Pig Butchering Class »

From the leftovers of this dish, I made this soup. I already had a nice, colorful, tasty spring pea puree that was strained through a chinois, making it velvety and luscious. I just added water to make it the consistency of a soup. I used the crunchy carrot "soil" as a garnish. It stayed crunchy/chewy even once the soup was poured in. I also added whole peas and chives, and a nice squirt of olive oil before the soup was poured into the bowl (which would have happened tableside in the the imaginary world where people actually accept my many invitations to come over and eat). The olive oil really brought all the flavors together and made this absolutely delicious and satisfying.

Posted by Barzelay on 2009/05/28 @ 2:24 | Comments (8) | Veggies, Fruit, Grain, Cheese

Comments

This LOOKS AMAZING.

Posted by: MyLastBite at May 28, 2009 5:59 AM

i met you at gaelen's housewarming party, and would love to have some sort of geeky cooking party with you----my husband and i have a huge kitchen.

Posted by: aimee at May 28, 2009 9:43 AM

Hi Aimee! Sean told me that you're an amazing baker. I'd love to get together and do some cooking and eating, any time. My kitchen isn't all that large, but I think I can out-gadget just about any SF kitchen. I'll email you.

Posted by: Barzelay at May 28, 2009 2:03 PM

Seriously, this dude can almost out-gadget Alinea's kitchen.

Posted by: The Gourmet Pig at May 28, 2009 2:37 PM

Isn't it weird when you invite people over to eat and they don't come? I know I wouldn't pass up free homemade food. Strange.

Posted by: sygyzy at May 28, 2009 5:22 PM

Why don't I live in SF? I would never turn down an invitation for a Barzelay meal...

Posted by: Cara at May 28, 2009 5:39 PM

David,
Next time when I'm in SF (visiting friends in Tiburon) I will certainly let you know and pop in for an out-of-the-ordinary meal you seem to be famous for. We could also then exchange some Middle and Far Eastern recipes from my side, and, last but not least, figure out if we have common ancestors ;-)
Shalom from Israel,