« Pimp My Foo | Main | Separating Pans with the Weird Science of Foo »

Some of my friends live behind a Checkers. This leads to us eating a fair amount of it, especially when we come home drunk from bars to hang out at their house. Now, it is no secret that fast food isn't good for you. In fact, most of the nutrition information for fast food is pretty unbelievable. It almost seems like you would have to go out of your way to make items that have as much fat and calories in them as certain items do.

Ever search for Checkers/Rallys nutrition information?

Ever find any?

That's because they refuse to make it available. According to a wikipedia entry, if you send a letter to them requesting nutrition information, they play the run around, telling you that their information is unavailable due to "recent menu changes." This has been their story since 2000, and while their menu does change a lot, plenty of items have stayed the same. Interestingly enough, this part of the wikipedia entry only appears in Google's cached version of the entry.

Could people representing Checkers have deleted this information? Its highly likely. After all, if their information were available, I'm sure I would have found it somewhere. This is kind of distubing, considering that I thought the FDA regulated that kind of thing. What the hell is in a Checkers hamburger anyway? They're damn cheap, and damn good. Not exactly a recipe for nutrition. But seriously, what is it that they have to hide?

Also of note is that Checkers corporate HQ is in my hometown of Tampa. No wonder there are so many of them there.

Perhaps I'll have to pay them a visit and do some investigative reporting.

If anyone has any information on the Checkers/Rallys conspiracy, please let me know. Should this blog go down within the next couple days, send for the police.

Posted by Chris Santoro on 2006/06/02 @ 0:35 | Comments (75) | EatFoo 1.0 Posts

Comments

I was wondering the same thing, can't find the info anywhere. Very strange.

Posted by: james at July 25, 2006 12:58 AM

yeah...i'm totally freaked out that no nutritional information is available. i'm on a diet and i slipped up and ate a checkers chicken sandwich and wanted to add the caloric value to my food diary, so i started looking it up on the internet. i was shocked to find nada

Posted by: Wyndi at September 11, 2006 6:57 PM

wtf? i cant find the freaking facts. thats so...evil..they are definately hiding something
-.-

Posted by: Heather at October 10, 2006 11:09 AM

they are so hiding something...how am i supposed to do reasearch??

Posted by: Heather at October 10, 2006 11:10 AM

I always thought it has something to do with food standards. Since, Im Michigan meat standards are higher. they have rally's. Other locations have lower standards, and have checkers. Is this because they all had the same name (checker's) then they can't send out "better" meat only to certain locals and "best" food to others.... so they have "checker's food" and "rally's food" or am, i just makin stuff up?

Posted by: MonkeyBoy at October 14, 2006 8:04 PM

In early 2005, after being told by a checkers employee that there were no ingredient info sheets available, I asked at several other restaurants for nutrition info. When that failed to produce answers, I emailed the company headquarters. Over the last year or so, I've emailed their Tampa headquarters several times, and I've called and left messages on their voicemail boxes twice, each time inquiring about the contents of their burgers.

I specifically mentioned that I LOVE their burgers, but have to now look out for certain chemical allergens. They've only bothered to respond once (to the first email contact) and it was the standard - "our menu is changing and will be updated soon." That was over a year ago, and the four times I've tried to contact them since, I've gotten no response at all.

I don't eat anything I can't identify, so I therefore do not eat Checkers/Rally burgers anymore. We don't get them at work anymore, we don't get them at family gatherings, and I challenge anyone to prove to me what's in them. It's quite a turn off when you find that they are flat-out ashamed

of what they put in their burgers!

It must be pretty bad if they won't tell you what's in it. There isn't another restaurant anywhere that hides their ingredients like that. It's against the law, you know.

Posted by: Peecaboo at November 13, 2006 4:18 PM

Im glad that all of you looking for information have come across this blog. Maybe this could snowball into some kind of actual change....

Posted by: Chris Santoro at November 13, 2006 8:06 PM

I did a search for "nutritional" information about Rally's fast food and found this blog. My first result on Google was this http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-fast-food-chains-restaurants_c-Y2lkPTIxJmJpZD04MjAmc2lkPS0xJnBhcj0.html

I had two double stacker burgers and they had about 1400 calories combined and 200% of my daily allowed saturated fat, all for three dollars. Wow!

Posted by: furby at November 16, 2006 1:17 AM

i dont no what their "hiding" but whatever it is there hamburgers are awsome / i dont no why they dont move nation wide not just florida they would make so mutch money because theire hamburgers are great !!!
SO if you are ever in florida i strongly recommend trying them :]

Posted by: josh at January 28, 2007 3:17 PM

I don't understand their disregard for the health of their customers. At this stage in the game they look like fools by not having their nutritional information (if you can call it that) available, since every other fast food chain does. This is completely asinine since, people who still want to eat at least want to do it in a more healthful manner. Maybe that's the key they know if customers can calories count those 2 for 3 and 2 for 4 deals won't sell as well. I tried finding the information to no avail. The closest I came was calorie king and that had Rally's stuff.

Posted by: KJ at February 16, 2007 6:54 PM

unfortunatly, the FDA does not have the legal authority to order nutrition labeling on restaurant menus like the ones on packaged food in grocery stores. therefor, i don't see Checkers ever volunteering the facts.

i always treat my dogs to a hamburger and sneak them a few fries here and there whenever i go out and get fast food...which isn't often mind you.(and always ask for no ONIONS!) last night i went to Checkers and of course got them a 99 cent cheeseburger and they shared my fries...well, NEVER again from there! i was up all night thinking i was going to lose one of them! for almost 18 hrs, one of my dogs (who is 55lbs.) was having stomach cramping, was gassy and belching a rotten egg smell. then she continued to have labored breathing all night long! i almost took her to the 24 hr emergency vet! whatever the hell is in that food they serve is practically TOXIC!

please be careful when ordering from there!

Posted by: BadKittyKat at March 2, 2007 3:52 AM

I think its because they use Soy-based fake-meat for the burgers. thats why its so cheap, and its why they like to keep it on the down-low. Damn good burgers though.... but It'd be like finding out your Toyota is made in America.

I always assumed so at least.

Posted by: Mike Jones at June 18, 2007 2:18 PM

yeah ive called so many numbers trying to find out and they say im sorry i dont have the information and one person at a restraunt i called hung up on me for asking.

Posted by: Lynn at June 19, 2007 11:16 AM

Adding soy filler to burgers is no secret. Plenty of fast food burgers did that for a while and nobody missed a beat. Makes me wonder if it's possible for a McDonalds or Checkers to go vegetarian lol... But I digress. As for a dog getting sick on burgers, that's not really not surprising. Dogs and Cats have very sensitive digestive systems, especially since we pet-parents tend to feed them very bland formulated diets (which are 100x healthier than what we eat!)... The burger may have been tainted and if a human ate it, probably would have gotten the runs. I highly doubt it was ingedients that caused it as much as poor preparation and/or storage standards, which is the job of your local/state health inspector to indentify and present, not the FDA. Now, in a human it would have probably just been an annoying run to the bathroom a few times over the night (unless you are, say, immonocompromised), but for a dog, it was MUCH more. Now I'm not defending Checkers lack of nutritional information, just that I really think it could have happened anywhere and I doubt the food itself is "toxic" when prepared correctly (excepting the obvious massive saturated fat content in any fast food).

Incidently, you can buy checkers food flash-frozen in the grocery in some places and guess what? Nutritional label! The fries tasted exactly the same and looked no worse than any others. Now if we could just get some patty info!

I'd laugh if they are just covering for a high soy content ratio, not wanting to admit they don't use 100% USDA beef! lol

Posted by: Tim at June 27, 2007 12:17 PM

Hello All,

I am the District and Area Manager for a Franchise Checkers located in the Central Florida Area.

I am speaking only from my experience, and DO NOT and WILL NOT speak for any other Checkers/Rally's (Franchise or Corporate).

From everything that I have seen delivered and served from the Checkers I have been in, are actually quality products.

The hamburger meat is 100% beef. There actually is ZERO soy filler in them.

The hot dogs, again, are 100% beef.

We make our own Chili in store, and it is made from the above mentioned hamburger meat.

The onions, and tomatoes are delivered fresh, and are prepped and sliced in store.

The lettuce comes vacuumed sealed, pre- washed, and shredded.

The chicken products, from my experience, are coming from Tyson Foods.

Checkers and Rally's are Sister companies. They actually serve the exact same foods, quality ect. The only reason of the name difference, from my understanding, is the different regions.

Checkers/Rally's is actually nationwide, but really none that I am aware of in the Midwest, although there are some in Texas and California.

I would love to post pictures, if possible, of the approximately 3 inch thick Operation Manual, Quality Specs, ect.

I spent over a month in training, learning all the quality checkpoints, specs, how to build the products, ect., So in all honesty, from my experience, there isn't anything "bad" in the foods.

I hope my experiences have answered some of your questions, and possibly returned a little faith in the quality of Checkers food.

If you have questions, please ask, and I will answer best to my knowledge.

San

Posted by: San at July 11, 2007 2:38 PM

on calorieking.com there is very limited nutritional info for a few selections off of the rally's menu, but as much as i've been searching for the checkers info i cannot find a word of it.

Posted by: kittykibuty at July 12, 2007 2:50 PM

Checkers are in the midwest at least in wisconsin and we have been looking for nutrition info for the apple pies. and came across this problem of not finding any nutritional info. and i must agree with others some of there food is quite tasty.

Posted by: KELSO at July 13, 2007 6:28 PM

Hey San, I would love to know if you know the caloric content of the Screaming Chicken Strips Sandwhich. I've been trying to stop eating them and I just want to know if I should really stop while I'm ahead.

Kida

Posted by: Kida at July 14, 2007 12:16 AM

Kida, I'm trying to see what I can find since I am an "insider". I don't want to raise red flags and they shut me out, but I, like the rest of you, find it odd that they don't put out the info.

Posted by: San at July 19, 2007 11:53 AM

San,
I owned 4 Subway restaurants in PA and we were very proud of our food and my stores always had nutritional guides on hand. I have emailed Checkers 4 times about this and not once did I get any kind of response. Subway mandates that all customer concerns would either get a response at the corporate level, store level or both. I guess Checkers/Rally is just a different "grade" of franchise. It is really scary that they refuse to release that information. I suppose I won't be opening/buying any down here now that I am a Floridian or eating there for that matter.

Posted by: Ed at July 29, 2007 5:38 PM

I have read that the fries contain beef tallow. Is this true?

Posted by: Briana at September 5, 2007 12:23 AM

Ive often wondered myself. I tryed looking up the nutrition facts and im like, what the frigg? is checkers afraid to have it up, because they'll loose their customers or are the facts so bad they cant show us? lol. Im on WeightWatchers. grr!!!

Posted by: Suzanne at October 24, 2007 12:07 PM

Its obvious that they know their food is cheap crap and they don't need a reason to make it possible for people to not go there. They excell at food cost by giving you drap for your body. Who can resist a 2 fer deal when it tastes good but is bad for you. If they were smart they would trick up their menu and raise prices to make up the difference in volume.

Posted by: Disgusted at October 24, 2007 7:08 PM

yeah i totaly just ate a burger and i was like i wanna know the info n could not find it , now in the the state of ny its is required by law to post the info, i shot a email to the hr dept and i'll wait n c what they say.....omg like 60min or sumting should like show up at headquarters and like totaly go old school geraldo on them and force them to show the info.....imagine like just the champ jr is like 600 calories haaa

Posted by: diana at November 23, 2007 8:33 PM

Just so you know . . . calorieking.com is a nutritional guide site. they have rally's on it (limited to standards).

Posted by: Kimberly at December 3, 2007 5:44 PM

With the first of the year upon us, I like many, have decided to try and shed a few pounds. I couldn't believe that almost everything checkers serves is fat saturated beef or various version of fried chicken and greasy fries. I decided to try their grilled chicken sandwich. When I actually got home to eat it, the bun was soaked in some sort of sweet sauce, the lettuce and tomato were, well wilted is the nicest thing I can say and nowhere could I find a nutritional value or ingredient menu for checkers. What are they hiding? If McDonalds and Burger King can proudly announce the calorie and fat content of a Big Mac and Whopper then why can't Checkers provide the same? I can, for certain, say I won't be going back to a Checkers again until this policy changes.

Posted by: Charlene Beebe at January 9, 2008 12:40 PM

Omg. I completely agree. I am IN LOVE with their french fries, but always feel guilty after eating them, I mean a McDonalds Large fries has something like 280 calories in them, so I would figure that Checkers fries wouldn't be much better. I think it's horrible that they are killing the American public, but won't own up to it. At least McDonald's and Burger King own up to their mass murder operation. This most defiantly leads me to believe that Checkers is hiding a deep dark secret in those burgers, hot dogs, and fries.

Posted by: Emily at January 12, 2008 6:35 PM

Its actually illegal for fast food places not to post there nutritional information which is why they have such a crap excuse keeping from getting themselves sued otherwise. Good luck finding the information.. please let me know.. but untill then, i think i won't be eating there anymore.. I will miss the o so loved big buford, but as a food and nutrition major wanting to be a register dietition one day.. I like to know (however painful it may be sometimes) what I'm putting in my body.

Posted by: Rachael at January 13, 2008 6:11 PM

I've been wondering for the longest time if i can eat checkers fries, i am a vegetarian and i always like to check before i eat. So if anyone finds any info on the fries, please tell me.

Posted by: Sarah at January 24, 2008 11:38 PM

sarah, i am a vegetarian as well and i won't eat fries at checkers or burger king or mcdonald's because then my money goes into mass murder just the same, no matter if the fries themselves are vegetarian or not. consider this please.

Posted by: mesiu at February 16, 2008 4:19 PM

Thank you for posting this. My husband and I just ate at Rally's, and afterward I searched the internet for nutritional information. I am horrified to learn they refuse to post this data. This obviously indicates something suspicious. Since 2000 they have used the excuse of menu changing? I will not return until they are forthright about their products. The more people who take a stand, the more likely they will make a change.

Kelly Kohlman

Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted by: Kelly at February 17, 2008 10:37 AM

Cheap? CHEAP? I don't know what Checker's you all visit, but the ones near me in Maryland are the most expensive fast food places I know (nothing is under $4)...

But it's all good. If I had 99c Checker's around here I would have died a long time ago. And the fries... oh, the fries. If it was any less delicious, I would be outraged; but as it is, I'm just annoyed. Hasn't killed me yet.

Posted by: Mike T at February 18, 2008 9:38 PM

I just went to Checkers website and they describe all their burgers as 100% all beef. I didn't have to dig very deep to find it so I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from. Eat them if you like them, don't eat them if you don't. Not a big deal and they're NOT killing the American public.... they're not forcing anyone to eat their food. Drama........

Posted by: april at February 28, 2008 1:16 PM

I don't care about the contents. I just want to know how many calories.

Posted by: Evelyn at February 28, 2008 4:41 PM

The fact that Checker's refuses to release their nutritional information is just plain scary.

I am officially done eating Checkers. And when I boycott, I boycott. I haven't been to an Exxon or (knowingly) bought Exxon gasoline since the Valdez dumped on Alaska in 1989 . . . .

If Checker's ever offers what is actually in their food, I may return.

If you still plan on eating at Checker's, good luck!

Posted by: Jason at March 7, 2008 12:46 PM

I ate a medium fry from Checkers about a year ago and actually got sick enough to vomit. I've since stopped eating there. I emailed the HQ and got no reply. I've thought about threatening to sic an attorney on them...but I doubt that'd help.

Been looking for information their fries to no avail. I figure they fry them in lard or something. Yuck!!

Posted by: Bethany at March 9, 2008 1:22 AM

EWWWWWW CHECKERS SUCKS AND THEY ARE FULL OF FAKE CRAPPPP!!!! but i love their frys :)

Posted by: Brittany at March 14, 2008 1:41 PM

I JUST ATE AT CHECKERS ON LONG ISLAND AND HAD A TERRIBLE ALLERGIC REACTION. I LOOKED FOR THEIR INGREDIENTS AND FOUND THIS BLOG...I HAVE A SERIOUS RASH ALL OVER MY NECK AND FACE...WE MUST FIND OUT WHAT THE INGREDIENTS ARE IN THEIR FOOD MENU. I'M VERY SICK & UPSET.

Posted by: Muriel at March 16, 2008 6:53 PM

After searching all over the net for some calorie info, I decided to ask the manager at the local Checkers for a nutritional handout for their food. He said "Sorry, we don't have one but you can go to the Checkers' website to see this info."
HA!

I should go back with my laptop and ask him to show me exactly where this info is.

(At least he was very friendly about it.)

Posted by: Craig at March 24, 2008 6:12 PM

I work at Rally's. And I wish that there was some nutritional information somewhere!!!
I've even went into our freezer and looked on all of the boxes. Thinking that maybe there would be nutritional information on the boxes.
But none at all.
But I do know that all of the food at our restaurant is prepared very clean.
The chili is made from the same hamburger as what are on the burgers.
The lettuce, bacon bits, philly cheese steak etc come in vaccum sealed bags.
And are kept in the refrigerator until needed.
The tomatoes are delivered fresh and are cut with a special cutter every morning and throughout the day as needed.
The buns all come in vacumm sealed bags and are kept in those bags the entire time. Only removed when being put into the toaster.
The hotdogs are kept in a bag in the freezer, as well as the meat.
The fish and all chicken as well come in the same type of bag.
Everything is kept frozen or refrigerated up until the very moment it is cooked.
I eat something from there every day.
No matter if it is a fry or an apple pie.
And my fiance eats his lunch there every day.
And we have never gotten sick.

I wouldn't eat at Rallys if it wasn't clean and prepared right.
All of the containers that the mayonnaise, tartar sauce etc. are in are washed several times a day.
All tongs and fry scoopers are washed several times a day as well.

There may not be any nutritional information on the food but it is good food and it is prepared right.

Posted by: Brittany at March 28, 2008 9:15 PM

Holy crap.

I'm on a diet and keeping track of what I eat like a hawk. Had my weekly slip up, pigged out on some loaded cheese fries and beer last night, went to the website this morning so I could record the calories... and found nothing.

Googled "Checkers Nutritional Data", and I found this blog; read through it all and all the comments. And I'm now officially NEVER eating there again.

I'm deathly allergic to peanuts. How am I supposed to know they're not using peanut oil or any sort of derivitive in their products? (Obviously they aren't since I'm still alive, but it's the principal of the matter.)

Never. Again.

Sorry Checkers - ya'all just lost another customer due to your own ignorance.

Posted by: Warszawa at April 16, 2008 8:58 AM

I am tired of seeing advertising for fast-food restaurants which misleads you into thinking you are getting something you aren't

Checkers/Rally's have an ad campaign promoting their new Philly Cheese Steak Burger...but it should be called the "Phony Cheese Steak Burger". If you have already bought one of these burgers then you wont need to watch the video but if you haven't; you will want to watch this video BEFORE you reach the outside menu board. This is false advertising at it's best (worse).

Checkers/Rally's...GOTCHA!

Watch...Comment...SPREAD THE VIDEO

Time to stop accepting false advertising in restaurants.

Posted by: tubeaholic at April 19, 2008 7:56 AM

The info isn't on CalorieKing anymore...

Posted by: Kellie at May 3, 2008 3:17 PM

Are there Checkers or Rally's in New York? They are starting to publish nutritional info. on their menus right? Is there someone up there that can copy the stats down for all of us?

Posted by: Brittany at May 6, 2008 11:30 PM

This article suggests that it only costs $2500 to get a whole menu of food analyzed for nutritional value.

I also found another service in 2 google searche with this offer:
Restaurant Menu Nutrition Analysis* - $85.00 per item

Checker's can easily pay that money, force the issue. What are they hidding?

Posted by: Bryan Wheelock at May 8, 2008 5:15 PM

I know the informationis hard to find but you can find some information for some of the food items on http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition/search.php?q=Checker.

Posted by: Michelle at May 23, 2008 12:34 AM

For those of you who do Weight Watchers, the points for Rally's is listed at the below web address:

Hope it helps : )

Posted by: Sharon at June 12, 2008 1:08 PM

It is not against the law to make cook to order food and not post the nutrition information. I am taking a nutrtion class and an assignment was the food diary, of course I found no information on Rally's.

Posted by: Chelsea at June 17, 2008 1:47 PM

I can't believe no one has found any information on the nutritional value of Rally's/Checker's food. I'm like a lot of you, trying to shed a few pounds by counting calories, I love Rally's burgers but I guess I will stop eating them (at least until I reach my ideal weight.

If they refuse to publish this information I can only imagine how high the fat and calorie content must be. Probably consume my daily calorie allowance with one burger!

Posted by: K Smith at June 18, 2008 6:30 PM

I have recently started counting calories so I asked at our local Checkers for a calorie sheet so I would know how many calories a grilled chicken sandwich was. They had no nutrition info they could give me nor could I find any info from the web. The closest I could get to a correct calorie for what I ordered was to compare it to the Wendys grilled chicken sandwich.(320calories) Wendys does'nt have anything to hide. Wendys has my business!!

Posted by: valerie at June 26, 2008 11:46 PM

Glad to see it's not just me having a hard time finding the nutritional information for Checkers. Fortunately, I don't have food allergies but I am counting calories/fats/etc. Every once in awhile I will allow myself to add a "cheat" food to a meal, as long as I remain within my caloric range or won't go too far over. With Checkers refusing to provide the information, there's no way to incorporate their product into my meal plan. By the way, the 'we've recently changed our menu' lie is also used by Charlie Brown's Steakhouse.

Posted by: Kris at June 28, 2008 12:15 PM

If u look at weight watchers points there are 6 points in a Mcdonalds burger and 10 points in a rallyburger, so you can see why they wouldnt' want you knowing that (rallyburgers are bigger tho, so it isn't just whats in it)

Posted by: Sarah at July 3, 2008 7:23 PM

look what I found Tip: Other members of The Daily Plate often eat the following foods with this item. Food Item Cals Fat Carbs Protein
McDonald's Hi-C ® Lavaburst Small Size 160 0g 44g 0g
Checkers Or Rallys Checkerburger Or Rallyburger 435 22g 35g 20g

Posted by: LadyV123 at July 12, 2008 8:23 PM

OK here is some more information
How to Eat Healthy at Checkers
By eHow Health Editor

Rate: (0 Ratings)

Checkers is known for its ambiance and great food; unfortunately, it has also received some flak from the media for not making its nutritional information widely available to the general public. So, if you want to eat at Checkers without blowing your diet, you may have to rely on an understanding of portion control and choosing wisely to find the healthy options. Read on to learn more.

Step1 Limit portion size. When choosing sides and drinks, it's important to choose the smallest serving possible. For instance, a regular order of fries is 210 calories with 11g of fat, while an X-large serving of fries has 425 calories and 21g of fat. You're better off skipping the fries altogether to save the calories.

Step 2 Avoid the Big Buford. This huge burger has 745 calories and 48g of fat. The double cheeseburger is just as bad, with 760 calories.

Step 3 Choose the chicken filet or small chili burger. The chicken filet sandwich has only 400 calories and 15g of fat. The small chili burger has 360 calories with 22g of fat per serving.

Step 4 Skip the cheese. It may seem like a small thing, but omitting that one slice of cheese can shave almost 60 calories off your burger or chicken sandwich.

Step 5 Drink water or diet soda. A 12-ounce soda has around 150 calories and a small vanilla shake has 320 calories, which can increase your calorie count quickly. Instead, ask for water or diet soda, which has zero calories and fat grams.

Posted by: LadyV123 at July 12, 2008 8:34 PM

I live in Ohio and we have Rally's all around us. My husband was recently diagnosed as diabetic so, like everyone else here, I went scouting to see if we could incorporate a Rally's meal every so often. I am really shocked that at this stage in the game, their nutrition facts are still being kept a "trade secret"...what a bunch of baloney! If McDonalds, BK, Arby's, Wendy's, KFC and every other grease laden, artery clogging fast food joint can take the heat for what's in their content and still do a great business, Rally's and Checker's has NO excuse. People are willing to sacrifice for those dang good fries but by concealing the facts, it makes us wonder. Time to suck it up and publish the facts, Rally's.

Posted by: terirose22 at July 24, 2008 10:15 AM

Well I googled it and Wikipedia came up, it had a link for Checkers but when you click on it it says page not available. WTF? I bet the food is packed with fat and calories. They may be afraid if they post it it may make a difference in the revenue. I think not...it's pretty damn good!

Posted by: Rosanna at July 31, 2008 5:04 PM

I am diabetic on an insulin pump and usually go to Checkers as a treat.Nowhere can I find the nutrition info which I need because I count carbs. I LOVE Checkers,but have been advised by my Dr to stop going to Checkers until I get the carb info I need.I will miss Checkers.

Posted by: Debbie Smith at August 5, 2008 11:01 AM

hey i found a site that has the shakes fries and big buford and apple pies...http://www.eatfoo.com/archives/2006/06/what_is_checkers_hiding.php

Posted by: checkers employee at August 11, 2008 5:19 AM

Yeah, i think they hide the nutrional value because they know their calories/fat %'s are The highest in all the fast food business... Good tasting food, Cheap. But Truly Terrible for you, Not in quality, but in Weight Basically. The only way to ensure people keep coming is to hide the fatness of hte store

Posted by: Paul Hefner at August 15, 2008 12:54 PM

I am like the rest. I have lst like 60lbs and still eat single small hamburgers from res. like mcdonalds and burger king because they tend to have less fat and calories than a grilled chicken sandwich. but anyway got on the website and no info period i'm writing the company... This is cray this has been going on for years whats up?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Rebecca at August 16, 2008 11:30 PM

I mad as hell i went to checkers the other night i know i had no business going to checkers anyway cause how healthy can they be, so fuck it anyway im in love with their mushroom swiss burgers and i just wanna knoew how many calories and fat is in the damn thing and like everyone else im still searching thats some bullshit.

Posted by: bitch1984 at October 12, 2008 11:40 AM

Based on a posting by Tim on June 27, 2007, it seems like the kind of food served at Champ's Cafe (Charlotte County Public Schools' cafeteria system). Most of this is NOT grade A quality, but somehow I doubt that any fast food joint serves grade A products

Posted by: PCHS-NJROTC-CADET at October 24, 2008 7:59 PM

Finally they put up a nutrition guide. It must be new as it is dated for November 2008. When you see how much fat and calories are in their products, you can see why they didn't post this for so long...

Posted by: Mike M at November 30, 2008 5:27 PM

What's all of the hoopla? If I were on a diet or had health problems, I really wouldn't be going to a fastfood chain for my meals.

Many said they love the taste,but want to know why it's so fattening. Seems like every food that tastes good is fattening or else they would not try to modify it. When they do modify it people complain.

You can't win for losing.

Posted by: Gotta Eat at January 30, 2009 3:06 PM

Well, at least we have a new president and a congress who will be more likely to listen to citizens who voice their concerns about these ridiculous business practices. Until Rally's/Checker's come clean by providing the public with their nutrition data, I will not eat there. If they want the government to get involved, that's not their choice but ours if we make ourselves heard. I would recommend contacting your congressperson (regardless of what party), President Obama, and the Food and Drug Administration. If enough of us do this, this company will have to behave.

Probably the best idea though would be to avoid the fast food altogether. Avoiding excess fat and sugar while increasing fiber and protein intake (i.e., "high satiety" foods)and avoiding fast food altogether have helped me to turn my life around. I also think that the fish oil I take is good for my brain, while avoiding the risks of mercury in fish.

Posted by: Dave at February 3, 2009 1:44 PM

Whoops. I didn't see that someone mentioned a nutrition menu at http://www.checkers.com/pdfs/nutrition.pdf

Still, I would avoid the fries because of very high trans-fat content which is terrible for the brain. Companies really should be made to list trans-fats in milligrams rather than grams.

Posted by: Dave at February 3, 2009 1:48 PM

http://www.checkers.com/checkers_menu.html this is the site for checkers nutritional info

Posted by: daly at February 6, 2009 6:37 PM

I know this is an old post, but it was one of the first things to come up when I was looking for Checker's nutrition info. I just thought I'd come back and tell you it IS on their site, tucked away where they hope nobody will find it. I had to write to them to find out where it was. Witness the horror here:

Posted by: Janice at March 30, 2009 6:39 AM

Y'all are all, apparently, blind. There is information all over the place, and if you can't find something for Checker's, try Rally's (you know, the Fast Food chain name before it was changed.)

I know for a fact that Daily Plate has a whole list of Rally's menu items. It may not have them all, but it definitely has the vast majority of them.

Posted by: Kelsey at May 15, 2009 11:53 AM

Just goes to show most people are fat because they are greedy and eat too much - not 'metabolism' blah blah blah.
Now if they could just get the willpower without having to by hypnotised they would be a normal healthy size book search.

Posted by: iekry at June 12, 2009 12:31 AM

Checkers burgers are people!!! Not the ones anyone would miss, but people in high turnover,low paying jobs. Ever wonder why the mop & bucket guy at your local porn theater is always someone different? Now ask "Is there a checkers nearby"?

Think about it....

Posted by: ERnNSD at August 5, 2009 1:37 PM

well im about 3 years late huh? anyway, i used to work for checkers and yeah the food is pretty unhealthy. although i have seen certain sites with some nutritional information, im not sure they are considering the fact that its all cooked in grease. almost everything (even the hot dogs if they get lazy). i've looked at the caloric information on the boxes while there and about 3 tbs of grease is 180 calories. 3 TBS!! now imagine food being cooked in a big vat full of that stuff; absorbing and soaking it in. however, some stores use vegetable grease that is about 70 calories per 3 tbs, but very few that i've seen. anyways bottom line is that it wont kill you, but you'll most defiantly get fat. not to mention the heart and blood pressure risks. your better off ONLY eating a home with portion control and calorie counting. hope this was helpful.

Posted by: health_nut at November 8, 2009 10:34 PM

Posted by: health_nut at November 8, 2009 10:35 PM

Ok well can anyone get this link to load because I can't,

it just freezes my firefox.I want to know the nutritional content for crispy fish sandwhich and the deep sea double.

I can not find this info anywhere.

If anyone can get that .pdf to load copy/paste it here in text in the comments please for everyone.

Posted by: jack at June 25, 2010 2:13 PM